George Enescu Memorial House

It was built between 1923 and 1926, according to its own plans, with the help of architect Radu Dudescu. Until 1946, when George Enescu left Romania for good, during the periods between his tours in Europe and North America, he returned periodically to Sinaia to dedicate himself, at least one month a year, to creation. In 1947, in Paris, Enescu donated the villa to the Romanian state, to be used as a place of rest and creation for artists. Since 1995, it has become the “George Enescu” Memorial House, and since 2007 – a section of the “George Enescu” national Museum.